Patrick Gallagher
A
thread 1/8
October 8, 2023. Good morning! I see people going to concerts and events, whoopin' er up, living like we're not in a dangerous pandemic, and it makes me sad. Not so much that I'm missing these things, but more the idea that NOW is all that matters, and fuck tomorrow.
10:30 AM - Oct 08, 2023
Patrick Gallagher
A
thread 2/8
When tomorrow comes, and people have died and been disabled, when we lose the entertainers we wanted to see so badly, will those who remain realize that these choices are the reason we've lost friends, family, and the entertainers we were so desperate to see?
Patrick Gallagher
A
thread 3/8
People who realize that, will they still think it was the right choice? I have no idea.

But I know I'll be mourning, if I make it. I don't know whether I will or not, I'm being careful, but that doesn't mean I won't be taken by this at some point.
Patrick Gallagher
A
thread 4/8
At least 5 or 6 people I know personally are dealing with Covid right now, all of them thought it was "over" and had no idea that it's still going around, and still out of control - because nobody is or was telling them. I mean, I tried, but apparently I'm just being difficult.
10:31 AM - Oct 08, 2023
Patrick Gallagher
A
thread 5/8
Still no mention from Provinces or Media that this is a severe infection that impacts your whole body, or that it's airborne, or long covid, which is very real, is incurable - because it's not a lingering disease, it's damage done to your organs by a virus that may heal, or not.
Patrick Gallagher
A
thread 6/8
We rush to large venues to infect each other and our heroes, in the process, robbing future generations of both ourselves, and our heroes, who are out there performing because there's demand, no care at all for their own health and safety.
Patrick Gallagher
A
thread 7/8
I hear "but this is my job, and life must go on" - but if life going on means you're going to be gone much sooner than you should have been, or too disabled to do that job in a few years, perhaps we're looking at this all wrong. We're being fools for all the wrong reasons.
Patrick Gallagher
A
thread 8/8
Life goes on. Until it doesn't. Take care, you are loved, and if you're not being careful, you'll be missed if you depart this mortal coil earlier than you should have. Addiction to normal is doing as much damage to our society right now as any drug addiction ever has. ☮️❤️🍁

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}