Salma Typhii
A
Can we watch him lose another 14 times?
Democracy Music @WaterMusic
We are so far down the political rabbit hole that lying, appeasing, Trump enabling Kevin McCarthy is looking less dangerous than the current Republican alternatives. God/Universe help us.
10:15 AM - Oct 09, 2023
10:18 AM - Oct 09, 2023
Democracy Music
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
Honestly, at this point, I don’t even know what to hope for besides Jeffries, but I just don’t believe any R’s will support Jeffries. (I would love to be wrong!) McCarthy, Jordan and Scalise are all dangerous MAGATs. Meanwhile, a shutdown looms and the globe is on fire.
12:06 PM - Oct 09, 2023 (Edited)
blueOcean
A
In response to Democracy Music.
There won't be a speaker unless it's Jeffries. They can't talk all they want and blame the Dems for their problems, but it's not going to make them new friends. Based on McCarthy's speech, he essentially doubled down on blaming Dems. He's not going anywhere put to Pelosi's hideaway office.
05:50 PM - Oct 09, 2023
blueOcean
A
In response to Democracy Music.
There were 208 votes to table the motion to vacate. That is about the Max McCarthy can get without arm twisting, and it's not enough for the speakership. (Jeffries gets more than 208). In theory Jordan gets the additional 10, for 218, but that assumes moderates can stomach him better than McCarthy.
06:16 PM - Oct 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}