PhiNight
A
thread 1/1
Humans are responsible for the Earth's sixth mass extinction event, going on now.
From the point of view of Gaia, we have become the most dangerous pathogen. Viruses are her antibodies.
Diverse and miraculous ecosystems will evolve again, but if *we* want to see them we have to make huge changes.
11:52 AM - Oct 14, 2023
Schrodinger's Democracy
A
08:07 AM - Oct 10, 2023
PhiNight
A
In response to Schrodinger's Democracy.
thread 1/1
Humans are responsible for the Earth's sixth mass extinction event, going on now.
From the point of view of Gaia, we have become the most dangerous pathogen. Viruses are her antibodies.
Diverse and miraculous ecosystems will evolve again, but if *we* want to see them we have to make huge changes.
11:52 AM - Oct 14, 2023
Thomas Cantwell
A
It is impossible to predict the trajectory of a very old pathogen. I do have confidence in our ability to quickly identify and have a science-based response to anything that appears. Science rules.
12:13 PM - Oct 10, 2023
Schrodinger's Democracy
A
In response to Thomas Cantwell.
I am with you on science, but the last pandemic taught us the downside of deniers - the next will build on that. If you could rationally accept that only the deniers will bear the brunt of the downside, there are many non-deniers that get swept into the damage.
02:03 PM - Oct 11, 2023
Me
A
Oh my 😱
08:10 AM - Oct 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}