Claudia Citro
A
Ohio Capital Journal

Ohio ‘mostly’ loathes Gym
01:23 PM - Oct 10, 2023
Sue Edgett
A
In response to Claudia Citro.
Then why do they keep voting him back into Congress?
01:31 PM - Oct 10, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Sue Edgett.
You have heard of gerrymandering right? That's why
01:53 PM - Oct 10, 2023
Sue Edgett
A
I have. But if Ohio "mostly" despises him, I would hope that at some point all those voters would overcome the gerrymandering.
In response to Salma Typhii.
02:09 PM - Oct 10, 2023
Marc Rumminger
A
A ballot initiative to create an independent redistricting board in Ohio might be launching soon, and they'll need lots of help to get signatures, etc. Here's a piece on it from August from DailyKos https://tinyurl.com/43zm93ms
05:39 PM - Oct 10, 2023
Sue Edgett
A
In response to Marc Rumminger.
The ballot measures sounds very promising. It would definitely help to solve Ohio's current problem and perhaps be a standard for other states to follow.
05:43 PM - Oct 10, 2023
Suzanne Chowla
A
Gerrymandering is designed to crush that hope & democracy along with it & it very effectively does that. @marcelias @democracydocket explains this well. Also recommend reading this article to understand why #gerrymandering cannot & does not deliver (small "d") democratic results.
03:33 PM - Oct 10, 2023
Sue Edgett
A
In response to Suzanne Chowla.
Thanks for sharing the article. I've always had the hope that in spite of some bad characters democracy would always win. I do what I can in my community but it is going to take each and every one of us, especially the younger generations, to keep fighting for the freedom our Constitution promised.
03:37 PM - Oct 10, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
Maybe vow to do some postcards to voters, donations, texts, phone banks, etc and try to make that happen? The time for us to wish is over, we gotta do the work
02:16 PM - Oct 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}