Just Judith'n'ALF #VotedYes
A
Thank you for this support, verbatorium.
Every bit must help.
Verbatorium @verbatorium
Australian of the Year winners sign open letter saying no vote in voice referendum would be a ‘shameful dead end’ https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/oct/11/indigenous-voice-to-parliament-referendum-aus...
03:46 AM - Oct 11, 2023
04:39 AM - Oct 11, 2023
Julianne Olds
A
In response to Just Judith'n'ALF #VotedYes.
I live in a highly conservative area - small town - I hope there is a turn around. The disinformation has been rife, and we also have quite a few first nation crew pushing the no vote, but i havent heard what the plan is beyond "not this" :-/
05:40 AM - Oct 11, 2023
A
In response to Julianne Olds.
I get it.
When I go to EyrePeninsula I am struck by the preponderance of RW stuff proudly displayed, openly bigoted, even by rellies I love.

Signs abound from #OneNation & #FamilyFirst AND the local evangelical groups (umpteen of them, because of course, only one ("mine") is correct.
So Sad.
05:47 AM - Oct 11, 2023
Julianne Olds
A
In response to Just Judith'n'ALF #VotedYes.
Some of the things I've heard uttered are disgraceful - we have a shocking colonial history here, and it's not improved much.
05:49 AM - Oct 11, 2023
A
I can imagine.
I was thrilled when Elliston officially acknowledged the massacre there.
I know it sounds odd, and the mayor who shepherded it through was subsequently defeated, but it meant everything to the local Aboriginal people, to have it taken seriously.
In response to Julianne Olds.
05:53 AM - Oct 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}