John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️
A
Let me make this perfectly clear.

You can side with whomever you want, but if I see your propaganda bullshit painting Israelis as the terrorists, you will be permanently blocked from my life. I don't care if I follow you or not &/or if we've had fun, playful discussions in the past. Gone. Period.
01:29 PM - Oct 12, 2023
Char
A
In response to John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️.
Yes! It's an incredibly complex situation with lengthy history and untold nuance. I condemn the govts and terrorists for the violence & destruction, but I only hold hope & the desire for safety for the innocent civilians, no matter what flag they're under.

It's all so horrible...
01:39 PM - Oct 12, 2023
A
In response to Char.
Agreed. The difference is the IDF drops fliers over Gaza (they always have done it this way), written in Arabic, and tells them to leave their homes and go to shelters. They don't want civilians to be in harm's way.
01:43 PM - Oct 12, 2023
Char
A
Interesting. If there's somewhere safe to go, that's good. I'd be terrified it was a ruse to collect us all in one place...

I can't process the fear the poor citizens in these areas are going through.
01:44 PM - Oct 12, 2023
A
In response to Char.
I'm not trying to turn you against Palestinians, but keep in mind that 58% of them support Hamas. Children are taught to hate Jews from a young age. And Hamas allows children to help their cause.
01:51 PM - Oct 12, 2023
Char
A
Bah! I'm so confused all the time with this scenario... the oppression, the hate, the desperation, the supporting of violent forces. I don't know how to support anyone.

The whole thing is so horrifying.
01:54 PM - Oct 12, 2023
♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell
A
In response to Char.
It's too much to take in. The history is deep and problematic. Here is a good documentary that gives an introduction to how all this began after World War I but Zionism goes back to the 19th century.

https://www.youtube.com/wa...
How Britain Started the Arab-Israeli Conflict | Free Documentary History - YouTube

How Britain Started the Arab-Israeli Conflict | History DocumentaryThe bitter struggle between Arab and Jew for control of the Holy Land has caused untold su...

02:03 PM - Oct 12, 2023
Char
A
In response to ♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell.
While I have a history degree, I didn't study this part of the world or its history, but it's still hard to admit that I don't understand it well.

The history is so complicated & it's incredibly difficult to find unbiased sources.

Thank you for another source to explore - I want to learn more 🩷
02:06 PM - Oct 12, 2023
♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell
A
Here's another good video.

https://www.youtube.com/wa...
How Israel STOLE Palestine - YouTube

We often hear that Israel and Palestine is a complicated issue. It's actually not, and here's why.We take it back to the beginning and find out how Israel go...

In response to Char.
05:13 PM - Oct 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}