Peter G Mitchell 😎
A
Accessibility – a, 11 letters, y (#a11y) – is how available your content is... to ALL.

We don't ALL have perfect vision. Some use a screen reader. An image that adds to the content but doesn't have alternative text adds nothing. ALT text describes the image.

#a11y #accessibility #spoutibletips
09:34 PM - Feb 25, 2023
MonzaMayhem
A
In response to Peter G Mitchell 😎.
Is there any accessibility issue with links where I've deleted the url after the image appears? I've done that so I can have a higher character count, but I want to ensure the links are accessible.
11:03 PM - Feb 25, 2023
Peter G Mitchell 😎
A
In response to MonzaMayhem.
I don't know how Spoutible handles that....but it's a nice segue into video captions!
02:34 AM - Feb 26, 2023
Melinda Nowikowski
A
In response to Peter G Mitchell 😎.
Amateur photographer and pet pic poster, here - it's easy on Spoutible, too, because it gives you the option when you post an image. Lower left of the image, click on the "ALT" link and you can enter a description of the photo. I've been conscientious about it, because it's so easy.
10:05 PM - Feb 25, 2023
Peter G Mitchell 😎
A
In response to Melinda Nowikowski.
The Alt text box is good but there's a learning curve as far as what to include.

Sometimes there's writing in the image that's critical to the text, you might want to include that! If it's your dog, you might say the doggo is playing with a tennis ball in the rain.

#a11y #accessibility
10:14 PM - Feb 25, 2023
Ramsey, Queen of Popcorn®
A
In response to Melinda Nowikowski.
Ooh, appreciate the tip. Something I didn’t know about!!! Often posting from my phone so it’s not always easy to see. Really enjoying the generosity of others on this site to help everyone get the best experience of being here. #spoutibletips
12:49 AM - Feb 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}