Mike McGranaghan
A
My Dog of the Week is IN THE FIRE, starring Amber Heard as a doctor trying to determine if a little boy is possessed by the devil. Good luck staying awake during this snoozer!

My review: https://aisleseat.com/in-the-fire.html
06:41 PM - Oct 12, 2023
colleen kutz
A
After the defamation trial, I don't think I can watch anything she's in. She came across as manipulative and a liar. Life is too short. Don't envy you having to watch her movies
In response to Mike McGranaghan.
07:25 PM - Oct 13, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to colleen kutz.
"she came across as". Yeah, most people who judged her did so not on evidence, but on "vibes", biases, and fandom, or the takes of "body language experts" (which is pseudoscience, also ablest).

Meanwhile an actual judge in the UK found Depp was a wifebeater, and two other judges upheld it on appeal
10:39 PM - Oct 13, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to colleen kutz.
And this is why I take any "negative reviews" with a tablespoon of salt. Because most of them are just obviously attempts to further bash Amber Heard, because sending death threats to her and her fucking baby until she fled the country apparently wasn't enough to sate some peoples' bloodlust.
10:35 PM - Oct 13, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
Note, I'm not saying that is the case with this review, at least not obviously, as its criticisms, while I find them needlessly mean-spirited in tone, are mainly focussed on the story and pacing, not Heard or her performance.
10:41 PM - Oct 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}