Fumie Ichikawa
A
I’m curious what languages you’ve tried learning. English-started at 7th grade, I am proficient. Spanish-took for a year at college, not much left. Italian-took for a semester, confused w/Spanish vocab. Finnish-bought a book, didn’t get past a couple of chapters. My first language is Japanese.
12:23 AM - Feb 26, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
In response to Fumie Ichikawa.
I am super jealous but just like almost everything else in America the "great" foreign languages are merely a suggestion and not a strong one at that because people seem to think the entire world needs to speak English so why waste your time learning another language as though it's denigrating to do
12:28 AM - Feb 26, 2023
Peggy H
A
In response to Pierson Tyler-Leonard.
IMO learning another language is amazing…gives insight into the culture, broadens perspective, can make a person more interesting ☺️
12:36 AM - Feb 26, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
Oh I agree I was just talking to the reality of the majority of folks here believing that "America is the greatest country on Earth" misnomer because I am venturing to guess that there are tens of millions of us out there who are punching bags for these same people who'd disagree with that premise..
In response to Peggy H.
12:38 AM - Feb 26, 2023
Peggy H
A
In response to Pierson Tyler-Leonard.
Yes, exactly, was commenting in agreement 🤙🏻👏🏻
12:40 AM - Feb 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}