Laura Diamondstone
A
thread 1/4
It's impossible talking to white dem libs here.
it's like a dem or die club.
The animosoty for anything but the party line is appalling. Similar to the Bernie Bros. Best not even introduce another dimension and stfu.
you all rule spooutible making it predictable, boring, and unworthy.
04:21 PM - Oct 14, 2023
HumTeach
A
thread 2/4
In my experience, anyone who points out that KH objectively doesn't resonate much with the wider electorate gets tossed into a "KH Hater" bucket by the KH Cheerleader bucket.

She won't become POTUS just because people cheer loud enough on social media. And there's much more to it than simple
05:14 PM - Oct 14, 2023
HumTeach
A
thread 3/4
accusations about prejudice. I said for the longest time that the events meant to showcase her made her look like a middling DC official. SImple public relations fact. Lately, she has stepped up her game and started to show more . But she has a long way to go to build an image that will take her
HumTeach
A
thread 4/4
into a general election campaign at the top of a ticket.

In other words, blaming others' perceptions does nothing to later those perceptions in the campaign game. That's a whole other ballpark to play in for the big stakes
HumTeach
A
thread 6/4
Politicians have to inspire and motivate voters. But the DC establishment communications machinery is heavily geared to safe events with schmaltzy, predictable visuals and pre-canned plastic words.

That's all I saw from KH until a few months ago when she started to find a voice. Much more needed.
06:09 PM - Oct 14, 2023
HumTeach
A
Exactly. It's a formidable tightrope to walk, but if she can pull it off, she is well positioned for 2028.

She will be competing with plenty of ambitious young Dems like Newsom, Buttigieg, maybe Whitmer, and so on. No one is going to just cheer her into a nomination.
In response to The Phantom..
08:19 AM - Oct 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}