Andrea Yakovakis
A
So I'm going to try sharing more of my life than I ever felt safe to do on that other platform. I've decided to talk about my mom and her impending death. We don't talk about dying and I think we need to. I promise to also share the funny parts as well as the sad parts.
07:27 PM - Feb 04, 2023
hammyarya
A
In response to Andrea Yakovakis.
I think it’s great to talk about it. It also helps to write about it. Here’s what I wrote when my dad was dying (Alzheimer’s). My mom just died last month (Parkinson’s). These long drawn out deaths are a special hell. But allows for time and space to process, grieve, cherish moments.
01:08 PM - Feb 08, 2023
Andrea Yakovakis
A
In response to hammyarya.
That was so excellent. Thank you for sharing it. It helps me to know others deal with the denial and especially the guilt
04:54 PM - Feb 08, 2023
Dodi Davies
A
Lost my dad 12 years ago yesterday (Feb 3rd). He was surrounded by love ones when he took his last breath. Hospice is the best.

What is the number one cause of death?

Birth.

With lots of shit in between.

❤️
10:23 PM - Feb 04, 2023
Andrea Yakovakis
A
My mom is 88 years old and has dementia and a host of other ailments. I'm lucky to still have her and my 87 year old dad in my life. Theirs is a love story for the ages. Helping them navigate this time is the hardest thing I've ever done but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
07:30 PM - Feb 04, 2023
Emaz
A
Amen.

Lost my Mom in 2018 and it was sudden and heart wrenching.
07:29 PM - Feb 04, 2023
Andrea Yakovakis
A
In response to Emaz.
I'm so sorry! I ponder which is easier, having a loved one die suddenly or bear witness to their journey. I haven't experienced the former but my gut is it's harder.
07:38 PM - Feb 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}