Carson Gibbs
A
French law will blanket parking lots with solar, adding 10 nuclear power plants’ worth to the electricity system

"Parking lots are big and unbeautiful, and covering them with solar panels doesn’t take away from anything else"

Every country should do the same.
10:47 AM - Feb 26, 2023
Joe Minenna
A
In response to Carson Gibbs.
They did this at the Kansas City VA Medical Center a couple of years ago. It has the side benefit of providing covered parking.
06:17 PM - Oct 09, 2023
Val Lete
A
In response to Joe Minenna.
They are doing this on the dirt parking area for my hometown local fairgrounds. It’s only used a couple months a year and is ACRES big! Folks are thrilled that there will be covered parking for the County Fair!
03:23 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Sandy Abeyta
A
I personally don’t know why we don’t have these every where, especially in Arizona where we get 365 days of sunshine.
09:30 PM - Jul 29, 2023
Jenny Leung
A
Shade for cars in summer, shelter in the rain. Love this idea. Intersperse the rows with green space to help control flooding, and we might just have it.
10:11 AM - Jul 25, 2023
DJDW
A
I'm seeing similar solar initiatives in Canada and around the world. It's so encouraging and yet frightening to watch as the GOP in America attempts to drive this Country back into fossil fuel dependency. We must #DefeatTheGOP
11:12 AM - Mar 01, 2023
uOMi
A
A nearby popular restaurant installed solar over their smallish parking lot years ago. I wish we could put solar on the roofs of our condos. The laws seem to make it impossible.
04:41 PM - Feb 26, 2023
Carson Gibbs
A
I love seeing the positivity around this! We can see similar results here in America. A 2015 study concluded that within California’s cities and other developed areas, there’s sufficient solar development potential to power the state three to five times over.
03:25 PM - Feb 26, 2023

Only followers of this user (BanBillionaires) can see their posts

Johanna
A
Suuuch a great idea.
Plus, no new land is used.
Every single rooftop- homes and businesses- should have them too! All over the world. And the panels should be non reflective surfaces that don’t harm birds and wildlife 👏
02:41 PM - Feb 26, 2023
Pamela
A
Double benefit that your car isn’t baking in the sun!
11:07 AM - Feb 26, 2023
uOMi
A
In response to Pamela.
A major benefit in the Land of Enchantment.
04:42 PM - Feb 26, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
Parking lots and warehouse/big box store/office building roofs are low hanging solar fruit. In AZ it would be awesome and we could stop fighting over the one space with 2in of shade
11:01 AM - Feb 26, 2023
Guitar Lady
B
Great idea
10:54 AM - Feb 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}