Amylouise Donnelly
A
thread 1/5
#mariannewilliamson

Read before you respond, please.
And be kind. THREAD

I'm going to say something very difficult. I got a Twitter account in February of 2019 because I was working on Marianne's 2020 campaign as a volunteer. My comms coordinator told me to get on that platform to support her.
06:20 AM - Oct 18, 2023
Amylouise Donnelly
A
thread 2/5
I stayed active in the campaign until someone in her threads supported Tara Reade's accusations against Joe Biden. Reade called Joe a criminal rapist. I found that account disturbing, but I have known Joe Biden's political reputation or decades.

I knew this was slander.
Amylouise Donnelly
A
thread 3/5
After I followed up on that story and watched Marianne's behavior as her campaign declined, and then as she threw herself on TV to support Bernie Sanders, I became more of a Biden supporter. I am proud of my vote for Joe.

I will vote for Joe Biden again. Period.
He's been a great POTUS.
Amylouise Donnelly
A
thread 4/5
I do however remain fond of Marianne, as a spiritual teacher. Her books are deeply nurturing for me. Some of the things on her 2024 campaign page are interesting. I'm thinking of sharing them here and inviting people to respond with intelligence and consideration.
Amylouise Donnelly
A
thread 5/5
If that proposal goes south I may still post excerpts from her books because I like them quite a lot. And I want to build a deeper relationship with A Course in Miracles. I will need it in 2024.

You are welcome to join me with kindness and consideration if you also find this interesting.
Deb Alexander
A
A Course in Miracles? I took that book away from my anxious teenage niece, it's nothing but pseudo esoteric religious nonsense, it would have permanently messed with her head at a vulnerable time of her life.
In response to Amylouise Donnelly.
06:39 AM - Oct 18, 2023
Amylouise Donnelly
A
In response to Deb Alexander.
Deb

I have a sincere, friendly question for you.

If you take reading material away from your niece, I have to assume that you recommend readings for her as well. Is there anything you prefer your young family member read? Are there other materials you would like for her to not read?
06:57 AM - Oct 18, 2023
Amylouise Donnelly
A
In response to Deb Alexander.
It's a very difficult book. Probably too much for a teenager. I encountered it in my mid thirties and have a completely different perspective.

Some people read it as a flawless scripture. For me it's an interesting philosophic perspective with some really good mind training exercises.

Thx 4 reply
06:44 AM - Oct 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}