Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 1/5
My anxiety is high today. I know it's because I'm traveling tomorrow. I have to make sure everything is packed and I leave nothing. I have to make sure I have my backup masks. I'm going to have to endure TSA trauma (ask any Black woman), and then sit around for an hour plus until I board my plane.
08:33 AM - Oct 18, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 2/5
Flying itself doesn't stress me too much. Take off is always not fun, ascending feels weird af and I have this tendency to want to change my mind, run and jump off before it gets too high. But altitude makes me sleepy so once we at cruising level I generally pass out. It's not voluntary.
08:35 AM - Oct 18, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 3/5
The flight to Salt Lake City is 5 hours. That's just enough time for my knees to lock up and for me scream in my head, "get me off this plane!!" But I hold back when it's time to disembark because I loathe tiny, crowded spaces. I don't care if I'm the last person off, as long as I can breathe.
08:38 AM - Oct 18, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 4/5
This is the first time I'll be doing all of this with nerve neuropathy in my feet. Standing on line, walking to my gate, all of it will be extra difficult. Never once did I think to let it stop me from traveling. But it is going to beat me down for my first day away.
08:42 AM - Oct 18, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 5/5
Anyway, I still have a whole day of work, need to come home, pack, make sure I've got everything, do all that stuff, and leave for the around 5 in the morning. I have a 7 a.m flight. OK, typing all that just made me anxious again. Lol. Let me go get dressed for work. One priority at a time.
08:44 AM - Oct 18, 2023
David 1914
A
Safe travels and may your TSA experience be uneventful and efficient. That is probably the best you can hope for when dealing with airport security in the US.
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
08:44 AM - Oct 18, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to David 1914.
It really truly is. They're the pits.
08:46 AM - Oct 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}