Edmund
A
thread 1/6
Ever catch yourself saying something completely ridiculous as an adult or parent that you thought you would never say?
10:26 AM - Oct 18, 2023
Edmund
A
thread 2/6
Well, I’m a cat parent and my eldest, Sheba Grinch…she’ll attack me if her food isn’t right. Wrong brand, not the right chop, too little (read: never run out of pate during a pandemic or you may end up on the menu)
10:27 AM - Oct 18, 2023
Edmund
A
thread 3/6
….and she’ll run ahead of me and circle around and swipe at me as she lets out a dissatisfied meow.

For a long time, I was startled by it, but we have to remember that cats don’t have a huge vocabulary like we do, and they can only express their frustration in limited ways.
10:27 AM - Oct 18, 2023
Edmund
A
thread 4/6
Well, they have been wasting a lot of food. She’ll nibble a little at one kind, then wait near the dish for me to open up a second can. Or just eat half a can and then leave it. She's almost 13 and certain brands don't agree with her.
10:28 AM - Oct 18, 2023
Edmund
A
thread 5/6
Blake too (a feral rehab) won’t touch certain flavors. So, I’m juggling the cans back and forth and wasting up to two cans a day. So, what I decided to do is scoop feed them throughout the day, putting down a little coming back in a couple of hours if they are still hungry. It's a process.
Edmund
A
thread 6/6
Well, I saw Sheba Grinch run ahead of me and turn around and I said:

“We aren’t going to do that, use your meows!”

Then I caught myself. OK, who is gonna bring me a care package when I go completely mad?
Karen Palmer
A
Oh, yes! Especially things that my parents said that I thought ridiculous!
In response to Edmund.
10:29 AM - Oct 18, 2023
Edmund
A
In response to Karen Palmer.
Right! It's positively haunting. LOL
10:29 AM - Oct 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}