David 1914
A
I see a lot of political content on my timeline. The reality of the situation is that it is up to white people to convince their family members that voting for republicans is voting against their own self interest. Without that not much will change. I don’t see this discussed much. 🤔
03:55 PM - Feb 26, 2023
Georgia Kay Applegate
A
In response to David 1914.
I have done that with people, not family, on another site. I was challenged, asked asked who was I to know what their best interests were. I was thinking economic interests. Obvious. The challenger was thinking something else.
04:01 PM - Feb 26, 2023
David 1914
A
In response to Georgia Kay Applegate.
People associate themselves more with billionaires and millionaires when they are more likely to be financially insecure. We’ve criminalized poverty and seem to be okay with this as long as “I’m doing better than them, I’m okay with struggling and being exploited.”
04:25 PM - Feb 26, 2023
Georgia Kay Applegate
A
Could be. Could be that their self interest is maintaining a white community. That often is just unspoken. I don't know.
04:36 PM - Feb 26, 2023
David 1914
A
In response to Georgia Kay Applegate.
True. When I said their self interests I meant economic self interests. I guess some are willing to sacrifice their economic self interests for other benefits.
04:42 PM - Feb 26, 2023
Georgia Kay Applegate
A
That's also what I meant. Logic would dictate that, in my mind. However, I think racism and emotion are more powerful drivers than logic and economics.
04:46 PM - Feb 26, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}