David 1914
A
I see a lot of political content on my timeline. The reality of the situation is that it is up to white people to convince their family members that voting for republicans is voting against their own self interest. Without that not much will change. I don’t see this discussed much. 🤔
03:55 PM - Feb 26, 2023
Anna Fisher
A
I found my greatest power to be not in trying to convince Republicans of anything but in working hard to help enfranchise new voters. So many people face barriers to voting (enacted by Republicans) - we urgently need more people to help with voter registration efforts.
In response to David 1914.
04:46 PM - Feb 26, 2023
David 1914
A
In response to Anna Fisher.
I would not want to dissuade you from your efforts because it is important. But I’m not convinced it makes as much a difference as reducing the number of white women in particular from voting Republican. Just a few percentage points drop would flip a lot of elections from red to blue.
04:54 PM - Feb 26, 2023
Anna Fisher
A
In response to David 1914.
If I could convince anyone to stop voting red, I would in a heartbeat! I had no luck there (I tried!)

A group of us in Allegheny Cty registered over 1k people ahead of 2022 election & it absolutely makes a difference in a swing state like PA. We urgently need more people to help with these effort
05:22 PM - Feb 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}