Spoutible Banned Book Club
A
#SpoutibleBannedBookClub #StoryTellerTalkingPoint

The book is from different points of view, switching the first person to different characters in different sections. Which character’s viewpoint were you most drawn to?

#SBBC #TheStoryTeller
12:09 AM - Oct 21, 2023 (Edited)
AlbinatorB
A
In response to Spoutible Banned Book Club.
There's only two characters for which we really get the full story, Minka and Josef, making it easier to relate. For contemporary characters, we only get real time snapshots, and especially with Sage most of the time you wonder why she does what she does, the accident story comes out in drips.
06:52 PM - Oct 21, 2023
Pam McSt
A
Probably Minka's since they was so hesitant to share her experiences early on in the book.
02:55 PM - Oct 21, 2023
Pam McSt
A
In response to Pam McSt.
I wish we had more than a few minutes to edit! I just noticed the typo in my notifications! LOL Obviously, that should be 'she' in the comment above.
11:04 PM - Oct 21, 2023
Angelique Yaich
A
I love books like this, that switch points of view to tell a story...that it had a story intertwined was an added bonus...
Josef/Minka...their stories from the 1930/40's...They were well researched and gave people of the 21st century a warning about how easy hate justified/punishment endured.
10:38 AM - Oct 21, 2023
Angelique Yaich
A
In response to Angelique Yaich.
Sage/Leo...were about how do we deal with what we've learned...forgiveness/punishment/what sort of punishment and how it looks under the law, I personally did not need the romance, and would have rather seen Sage dump Adam without it.
10:44 AM - Oct 21, 2023
Spoutible Banned Book Club
A
In response to Angelique Yaich.
I was drawn into Minka's sections the most, with Josef's second.
10:46 AM - Oct 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}