Deanna Fry
A
#SpoutibleNews The IRS will soon set new tax brackets for 2024. Here's what that means for your money.
https://www.cbsnews.com/ne...
09:48 PM - Oct 23, 2023
Kevin Kretsch
A
In response to Deanna Fry.
I don’t understand why Biden administration isn’t going harder on everyone earning over $150k. That’s the top 10% of the population, there is no definition of middle-class in which they fit. They’re majority write republican voters, there’s not a lot of Biden votes to lose there.
06:53 AM - Oct 24, 2023
Adam Stewart
A
In response to Kevin Kretsch.
I think because in a lot of urban areas $150 isn't so wealthy that folks are living large. There's such an exponential curve at the top that so much of the wealth is in the top ONE percent
08:07 AM - Oct 24, 2023
Kevin Kretsch
A
In response to Adam Stewart.
Nobody is putting a gun to anyone's head and saying "you must live in an expensive place and choose expensive schools and au pairs and nice vacations for your family". The cries of "but do you know how much I spend living here?!" are rightly met with the playing of the tiniest violins.
08:54 AM - Oct 24, 2023
Adam Stewart
A
I think that's the thing. You have this vision that folks making $150k are all living like that
09:05 AM - Oct 24, 2023
Kevin Kretsch
A
Stop it. Literally 92% of all Americans earn less than that. How many of the top 8% don't have savings, investments, heath insurance, and never take a vacation? Anyone in the top 8% who feels they have difficulty is a victim only of their own choices and they are NOT in the middle.
09:30 AM - Oct 24, 2023
Adam Stewart
A
Ok. Good luck with that policy of treating 7% of high propensity voters, many of which are voting increasingly blue and live in blue areas, the same as the top 1% by "going harder" after them
It's a weird call to assume people making $150 in New York should be gone after hard.
09:35 AM - Oct 24, 2023 (Edited)
Kevin Kretsch
A
"If you won't maintain wealth inequality, that top 7% might vote Republican" is what you're saying. Duly noted. And rich people say poor people are the assholes.
10:01 AM - Oct 24, 2023
Adam Stewart
A
Apparently making rational responses on @cbouzy site gets you called an asshole here. Nice. This is why we are here instead of Twitter. Hot headed takes are awful and unwarranted

Thankfully blocking works. My first block here.
11:35 AM - Oct 24, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}