Christopher Bouzy
A
It's the guns.
10:34 PM - Oct 25, 2023
Joe JustUs
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
We need this across the USA to start. Then all guns needed to have microchips welded inside to track ALL the guns. If they have the right to bear arms, we have the right to know who is armed around our families. #GunReformNow
https://youtu.be/QNJYWwlb7...
How ShotSpotter® Gunshot Detection Works - English (updated Apr 2023) - YouTube

ShotSpotter is a proven acoustic gunshot detection system that alerts law enforcement to virtually all gunfire within a city’s ShotSpotter coverage area with...

10:57 PM - Oct 25, 2023
Melinda Nowikowski
A
I live near a small Midwestern city that's considering bailing on ShotSpotter because the technology isn't adequate yet. It gets a lot of false positives, which cause police calls that amount to money the city can't afford. I'm all for something that works, but that particular technology needs work.
In response to Joe JustUs.
11:04 PM - Oct 25, 2023
Chris Puttick
A
In response to Melinda Nowikowski.
I'd imagine it needs deployments to get the input; it's probably got an AI engine behind it that needs more real world data before it reaches high 90s accuracy.
12:21 AM - Oct 26, 2023
Melinda Nowikowski
A
In response to Chris Puttick.
Not sure - I just know if a police department has complaints, it doesn't work well enough yet. They had it for a few years, it was up for reevaluation, and they're considering dropping it. Police departments rarely let go of anything they can spend money on.
12:43 PM - Oct 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}