VictoriaLandis
A
thread 1/4
If I don't comment/post about how outraged I am about current events - it's bc I've learned from experience that I'm mostly preaching to the choir. I will not convince anyone who has an opposing viewpoint via social media.

Rest assured, I speak to ppl in my life who may not have all the facts - if
08:47 AM - Oct 26, 2023
VictoriaLandis
A
thread 2/4
and when they seem to want more info. I have changed/enlightened a few folks during these calm and non-combative talks.

Situations like the Hamas attack & Israel's response are over my pay grade. I don't have access to the same information as the officials involved, and I never will. I've read
VictoriaLandis
A
thread 3/4
enough during my lifetime to know that regular people rarely have any idea what's actually happening, what's being planned and why, and we may never know. Sometimes (most times?), for good reason, security/war info must remain secret for quite some time.

Having said that, you should know my beliefs
VictoriaLandis
A
thread 4/4
are simple: People, all people, have the right to make choices, live freely, should have universal health care, love who they love, and not worry about being shot in the streets.

I do write and call my congress people, and I ALWAYS vote, no matter how minor the election may be.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}