HumTeach
A
The 14th amendment issue belongs in THE COURTS not in the hands of partisan officials or social media "debates" such as they are.

I'd be delighted to learn that Trump can be disqualified. But I want to see it done right.
10:14 AM - Oct 27, 2023
Vicki with an eye
A
In response to HumTeach.
Have you followed Judge Michael Luttig? He's written extensively on it, including the clause supporting indictments and convictions for any sitting or former POTUS. Sadly he's only been on X, since just learning how to use it when asked to support Pence's upholding the constitution on Jan 6, 2021.
10:19 AM - Oct 27, 2023
HumTeach
A
Yes, I have followed the issue for a while on Twitter including many posts people copied from him.

It's simply too important to be left up to arbitrary individuals. Like all good rule of law issues, it should be carefully argued and litigated. Otherwise, it will become as dumb as impeachment has.
In response to Vicki with an eye.
10:32 AM - Oct 27, 2023
Vicki with an eye
A
In response to HumTeach.
Agreed. I wait for the courts to handle these things responsibly, and hope for judges like Littig who understand and litigate with reason and logic rather than money any ideology. The latter is what scares me. Courts have been manipulated for so long now, it's a sometimes a roll of the dice...
10:53 AM - Oct 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}