Nefarious Newt
A
thread 1/4
I just wanted to say: I've opened up more here about myself than I ever did anywhere else. Still not a ton. I hide behind this persona because I'm well aware of the consequences of people knowing the real you out in the world and then finding your social media. The Internet does not need to know.
11:08 AM - Oct 28, 2023
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 2/4
That said, this place is marvelous. It's like a non-stop family Thanksgiving dinner, with good food, good conversation, the occasional tiff over topics, and a cozy feeling of being with people you can truly care about. That NEVER happened on Twitter. It won't happen on many other platforms.
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 3/4
Anyone who complains about this space doesn't understand the vibe. If there are complaints we're too Liberal, too political, too whatever, it may be because the bulk of us have in our hearts a deep-seated need for connection and desire to love and be loved by others. We find community here.
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 4/4
So I just want everyone to know that I appreciate you, I care about you, and you give me hope. May it always be this way, here, but if not, we are here now, and it is beautiful. I will continue to drink it in. May our cup runneth over with joy and love.
Pamela B'well
A
In response to Nefarious Newt.
This is beautiful and expresses how I feel as well. I’m an introvert and a hermit, mostly. My grown children are living their lives, facing their challenges and I try not to bring my issues to their doorsteps.

The truth of my life is that I am deeply lonely. I’m very grateful for this community.
12:46 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Nefarious Newt
A
In response to Pamela B'well.
*hugs*
12:47 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Jean Clark
A
Thank you! I join in your support and appreciation for our spoutible community. ❤️❤️
12:06 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Yvette
A
I’ve had mostly positive experiences on here. I’ve only encountered a couple of trolls. They were easily blocked. I do like Spoutible. It’s definitely the most usable of all the sites I’ve tried. Post seemed to be mostly journalists trying to promote their work. It left me cold.
12:02 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Diana Lukasik
A
What a beautiful and positive thread. Thank you so much for sharing. You make Spoutible better!
I appreciate you and always look forward to your spouts. 🤗 ❤️
11:59 AM - Oct 28, 2023
Tricia
A
💕💕💕
11:58 AM - Oct 28, 2023
Vee a lot of everything Happened
A
Sooo uplifting and such warmth emits from your words...thank you🤗
11:57 AM - Oct 28, 2023