Christian Jensen
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
He needs to be asked about his “adult son”.
11:56 AM - Oct 29, 2023
2PupsMommy
A
You can't know everything about all of the nutjobs in the GOP. There's just too many & too much nonsense to keep up with. But, now that he's speaker, I'm hoping a big spotlight will be shone on his particular brand of christofascist crazy. Hopefully people will recoil from him when they learn more.
06:45 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Harry Kaufman
A
Chris, Cionfucius-6-5BCE. five things constitutes perfect virtue. gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness.” Lacking in most all member of Party in Esoteric. But opinion do Vary,
04:24 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Bethany Garden Witch
B
He is really dangerous. This is a man who ran unopposed each time to Congress. He thinks God placed him there to do some evil agenda that will turn our country into a Christo Fascist country. It's really scary.
04:09 PM - Oct 28, 2023
#Glassbydeanna
A
White men grasping to keep their privilege. Time to shut that crap down right now
02:26 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Kos
A
No one expects the American Inquisition :(
01:38 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Gabe Hoffman
A
I don't really believe that Johnson wound up speaker because of some evil genius master plan. Republicans were essentially desperate for someone who could keep the house open to the point that they settled on an inexperienced back bencher. My gut tells me he won't last very long.
01:37 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Kos
A
In response to Gabe Hoffman.
Hope you're right.
01:39 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Becky Cline
A
I am amazed at how they magically got together to unanimously vote this creep in. He had none of the drama the others had.
My delusional mind wants to say it was planned and that bad things are coming.
01:16 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Kos
A
In response to Becky Cline.
I don't think that's delusional. Based on our collective experience since 2016, I think it's wise not to put anything past the GOP.
01:40 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
To the extent that he is dangerous, that goes for all Rs in Congress--and a few Ds (maybe more so for blindness to their duplicity). More dangerous yet are the surreptitious handlers--because their networks extend everywhere. Including here. Having read the thread you uh, Xitted I'm guessing UR not.
12:45 PM - Oct 28, 2023
TriXteR Phillips
A
Is it just me or does this guy give off the-south-will-rise-again vibes?
12:35 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Kevin Hilbiber
A
I feel stupid in the pacific northwest- Not a name in the thread nor replies. Who is this guy, so I can find out as well?
12:30 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Cnealaz
A
In response to Kevin Hilbiber.
Everyone's referring to the new Speaker of the US. House of Representatives, Republican Mike Johnson of Louisiana. https://www.nbcnews.com/ne...
01:34 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
No one could 'see him coming'. No matter. As hard to believe as it is: #AllTheRealisticAlternativesAreWorse .

McCarthy, Scalise, Jordan, and most others (Emmer perhaps excepted) would have been worse. The flip side for Johnson for some entities is his not being under their (full) control (yet).
12:24 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Nancy D
A
I don’t get it. You gain power. And then what? Are you happy? Are you fulfilled? You eliminated everything, so you have nothing. Then you die like everyone else. Right?
12:21 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Teresa Williams
A
In response to Nancy D.
That's the way I see it, too. But with those who think that way, more is never enough-they could amass enough power and wealth to solve every problem the world currently has, and have more left over than they could use in 10 lifetimes, and they would still want MORE. I look at it as a sickness.
10:54 AM - Feb 14, 2024
Fuzzy Soft
A
Cotton Mather is back and as sick as ever. #voteblueforhumanity
12:05 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Vee a lot of everything Happened
A
This is a religious zealot that bases his truths and government on his biblical beliefs whilst standing with the constitution as well as our democracy beneath his feet.
12:04 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Orlando Fuentes
A
Always lurking in the dark waiting for the right moment.
12:04 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Caryl D
A
His relative was a confederate soldier.
This is the legacy in Confederate families: like Mike Johnson the white supremacy movement and theocracy
12:03 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Fries Andersen
A
Every reporter needs to go through this guy's background with a fine tooth comb. He needs to be an anvil around every Republican's neck going into 2024. They voted for this monster, so they must agree with his kooky, insane, and dangerous beliefs.
12:02 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Strohcat
A
I am very afraid of what's to come........
12:01 PM - Oct 28, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}