janey s
A
thread 1/2
October has been... a learning experience. I put my cat Little Kiwi down at the beginning of the month. My brother had a stroke about 10 days later and died about a week after that. I looked at my alumni magazine and found that a sweet strong classmate ...
10:25 PM - Oct 28, 2023
janey s
A
thread 2/2
... who was the stage manager for my senior project died from complications of long COVID. That same day was my sister's 65th birthday. I thought by now things would have been figured out and just... better all around.

I guess this is what it feels like to be growing old.
10:25 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Li Milla4
A
In response to janey s.
Life a has a way of being a blast, doesn't it? I'm so sorry you were hit with that all at once.

When I think about the alternative to growing old... It's going to be a while before I want to miss another sunrise!
10:40 PM - Oct 28, 2023
janey s
A
In response to Li Milla4.
I'm okay with dying, just not with them dying.
10:41 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Liz
A
In response to janey s.
I’m sorry. I see and hear you. Sorry for your losses.
66, here and feeling it all the same. Some losses. The passing of time. The realization that we’ve lived longer than we will in the future..
10:34 PM - Oct 28, 2023 (Edited)
janey s
A
In response to Liz.
Thank you.
My brother was the same age as my mother when she died, which surprised me because I thought he took after my father, who outlived his usefulness by several decades. I have a chronic illness that clearly comes via my dad's side so I'm afraid I might have his lifespan, which I don't want.
12:03 AM - Oct 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}