Chris Wilson
A
I posted something earlier that upset people because people are too linear in thinking or overly sensitive and seeking out things to find offensive, so, I have removed it. I'd say "I'll do better", but I won't, because I have my views and opinions and I'm not here to simply appease you.
01:04 PM - Oct 29, 2023 (Edited)
Ennis Cole
A
In response to Chris Wilson.
People are allowed their feelings, man. Your comfort isn't a consideration in the proceedings.
01:25 PM - Oct 29, 2023 (Edited)
Chris Wilson
A
In response to Ennis Cole.
And I'm allowed my opinions.
01:29 PM - Oct 29, 2023
PS Annie
A
You are. But there are consequences to the expression of said opinions when they are offensive to others.
You could also try listening to the opinions of others. Listening is usually how we grow as humans.
01:36 PM - Oct 29, 2023
Chris Wilson
A
In response to PS Annie.
Sure. If people want to have a discussion, great. I'll listen. I won't listen to attacks and "fuck off" and "You're disgusting" and "you're homophobic". That does nothing to advance a dialogue. If someone wants to engage with me and explain what upsets them, let's talk. But no attacks.
01:38 PM - Oct 29, 2023
THEE sktea w/gin & lemon
A
You think are allowed to dictate how people respond to your objectionable opinions? That’s precious. 😂
01:49 PM - Oct 29, 2023
Chris Wilson
A
In response to THEE sktea w/gin & lemon.
Nope. People can react however they want. I'd take a different approach which would consist of an open dialogue to make sure I understand what their position is. But that's just me.
01:51 PM - Oct 29, 2023
THEE sktea w/gin & lemon
A
I’d argue the problem starts when you expect people to react positively when you express something which you know is objectionable. What do you think?
01:53 PM - Oct 29, 2023
Chris Wilson
A
If my intent wasn't to upset or offend, wouldn't a rational discussion move everyone to a better place? Isn't it better to ask for clarification than to go at someone with "Fuck off"? Honestly, if people had asked I'd be happy to explain, and if I'm wrong, fair enough. I'll own it.
01:57 PM - Oct 29, 2023
THEE sktea w/gin & lemon
A
If I knew you & already valued knowing you, sure, I’d ask for clarification. But I don’t know you. All I know about you is that you are judgy and sensitive to rude behavior.

Funny stuff!
02:04 PM - Oct 29, 2023
Chris Wilson
A
So it's better to attack someone instead of opening a conversation. Cool.
02:05 PM - Oct 29, 2023
THEE sktea w/gin & lemon
A
Or, just don’t behave like a preening prig in public.
02:07 PM - Oct 29, 2023
Chris Wilson
A
Sure. Don't be a cunt. We should all aspire to that.
02:08 PM - Oct 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}