Lawfare
A
What happens if no presidential candidate secures a majority of electors?

Beau Tremitiere and Aisha Woodward explain what a contingent election would entail, the chaos that would follow, and how likely it is to occur in 2024.
10:41 AM - Oct 30, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Lawfare.
I wonder reading this, if this is actually not only something No Labels is aware of, but its entire plan (assuming that it's not just to split votes from Biden so Republicans win). It's not as though it can hope to win outright.
06:08 AM - Oct 31, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Lawfare.
1/2

I very much doubt third parties will do any better than they always do- ie, if its a very bad year, one of them may get 5%, and probably push Trump or some other fascist over the finish line by being a spoiler.
06:01 AM - Oct 31, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
2/2 Trump might pull more from Republicans if he somehow lost the nomination without being outright disqualified, and ran third party. But even then, since nearly all states are winner-take-all, and he'd mostly just split the Republican vote, I doubt it would lead to this scenario.
06:02 AM - Oct 31, 2023 (Edited)
William Turner
A
In response to Lawfare.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
03:14 PM - Oct 30, 2023
Sue_in_SF
A
In response to Lawfare.
It sure would have been a good idea to update these laws after defendant attempted a coup! If we have to go by state, GQP wins. Lesson being: we need huge turnout! We need to hold Senate, retake House & get Bid n/Harris to 270!!!
01:50 PM - Oct 30, 2023
Margaret (Peggy) Ann Alick
A
In response to Lawfare.
This is why repubs, thru No Labels, is pushing for a 3rd choice. Can you even imagine this Congress picking the President?????
10:49 AM - Oct 30, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Margaret (Peggy) Ann Alick.
I wonder how many rounds of voting they'd go through, and how many fascists they'd cycle through, before they finally picked one.
06:10 AM - Oct 31, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}