Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 1/10
Since it is Halloween. 🎃
The Dead Tell Tales

A Legend of Zelda Fanfiction by me.

This will go up in auto threads over the course of the day or days. It is a short story, but even those can be quite long.

At the end, I will put up links to each part.
09:34 AM - Oct 31, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 2/10
Part One

“Name? It has been a very long time since I used a name,” he said, moving slightly and giving off a sound like dead leaves skittering across a courtyard.

“Ah, well then, what was your name? Or do you not want to tell me,”
I said.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 3/10
We met while I was walking in the forest. I had been meandering, you know the way you will sometimes when you have nothing pressing to do and time is stretched so that you feel as if the whole universe is yours. It was a fine day and the air was sweet with the scent of trees.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 4/10
At first, I did not notice the person, for that is what at first I supposed the follower to be. But something, it could have been a noise or a feeling, broke through into my mind and I had stopped and turned around.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 5/10
The sight that met my eyes made me start and my heart skipped a beat. I felt as if time stood still and I was now in a land of dreams.

Bones, that was all it was. Walking bones. The thing was taller than me and the whiteness of the bones gave off a glow.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 6/10
Empty eyes and a grin that never left were the only features on this pale face. I had started to back away, searching my mind for an explanation for this apparition before me. Nothing came to my aid, not a hint as to why this was happening.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 7/10
“Don’t go.” the bones said. Its voice was nothing more than a raspy whisper. Reaching out a bleached hand it sought to grab me. I had taken another step back, the urge to flee growing stronger.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 8/10
“Who are you?” I had said, my voice breaking a little as if from disuse. I cleared my throat and tried to find a stance that would convey the message that I was not someone to be messed with, not even by a spectre.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 9/10
“Ah,” Bones whispered. “That is a tale indeed. Would you sit with me awhile and I will tell you my story.”

“Why do you want to tell me a story?” There was a slight note of hysteria in my voice now.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 10/10
Bones shifted and a sound of clicking reached my ears. With empty eyes, it searched my face.

“Come, sit with me. This log here will do.” Bones rasped.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}