Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 1/10
Part Two

I walked with him to the log and took a seat, thinking that this was the strangest meeting I had ever experienced. Who would believe it, in fact, I wondered if I would survive this meeting to tell anyone else.
09:53 AM - Oct 31, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 2/10
This person did not seem especially violent, but then I had never met such a one as him before. Bones sat beside me and rested his long white fingers on the knobs of his knees. A death's head turned to me and waited.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 3/10
I asked after its name. I had not wanted to know, I had not wanted to be here at all, but sitting in silence was more than I could take. This was turning into a nightmare.

“I went in life by the name of Conrad,” The bone man sighed, rubbing his bony fingers up and down his thigh bone.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 4/10
“Conrad, that is a good name. I am called Link.”

“Yess, I know.” Conrad hissed.

That made me start. How would a bag of bones know of me? Conrad had moved on the log and the sound was unnerving, the air had grown colder, or maybe the chill was just inside of me.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 5/10
“I have been waiting for you.” Bones voice whispered in my ear.

I cleared my throat again and tried not to shift my own position further away from this creature.

“You have found me, so what is it you want,” I said, knowing full well the reason could not be a good one.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 6/10
“I have a tale to tell, and until it is told I may not leave this place and find my rest.” Conrad moaned.

“I do not understand,” I said, fidgeting. “But tell your tale.”

Conrad gave his skull a nod. Then he began to speak in a raspy drone that sent shivers up my spine.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 7/10
“Such a long time ago now, but I will never forget. It was the King`s party and I was one of the soldiers set to watch at the front gates. Ah, such times, the land was at peace, and there was little for a soldier to do, but we were content, I say we, but I mean they.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 8/10
It was a clear summer day; the air was warm and filled with the most wonderful perfume. I remember the people that had come to celebrate the King`s birthday, laughing voices and such colourful clothes. I myself was garbed in a fine uniform and the sword in my sheath was well-oiled and sharpened.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 9/10
I was very young and ambitious.” Conrad stopped and looked at me, I had been listening to his every word, more to try and figure out what this had to do with me than any interest in what his life had been about.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 10/10
“You don`t see now, but if you are patient you will.” With that cryptic message, he continued.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}