Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 1/10
Part Three, The Dead Tell Tales

“Some say I was handsome in my youth and a very accomplished fighter, some may tell a different tale, but one thing is sure, I was madly in love with a princess. I would have done anything for her.
10:08 AM - Oct 31, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 2/10
I knew she would not ever look at me, what was I but a simple soldier and she was so beautiful and surrounded by the best people in all of Hyrule.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 3/10
So, I dreamed and spent my days practicing with my sword, trying to find ways to be close to Zelda, that was her name, Princess Zelda.” Conrad paused and gave a sigh. He looked about him as if he was still seeing the princess and the land of long ago.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 4/10
“Umm,” I said. “ Have you been to Hyrule lately? We have a King and a princess, and strange enough, she has the same name.” I waited, not knowing if he had heard. He made no sound, no movement. I tried again. “Are you telling me things that actually happened in the past? ”
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 5/10
Conrad jumped up and did a funny little dance that set his bones to rattling. He suddenly grabbed his head, wrenching it from side to side, as if to tear it off the bony neck. “You must pay attention, this story is all I have to make amends.”
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 6/10
What he wanted me to do, or learn, I still did not see. Of course, he had not finished his story, but nothing he had said so far made any sense. “Well, maybe if you continue I will understand what you are trying to tell me.”
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 7/10
Conrad sat down again seeming a little calmer and with his hoarse voice he carried on. “It is important to remember that I was young and foolish, I would not have admitted that then, but time lets you see things as they are…sometimes.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 8/10
The party was well underway when I saw a strange horse approach from down below, the rider appeared to be very tall, sitting atop an imposing black horse, and the one thing that stood out was a shock of flame-red hair.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 9/10
The rider continued on across the bridge and reining in he dismounted and strode toward me.

He was a big guy; well over six feet and his eyes were a colour I had never seen before, red, and with such a depth to them
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 10/10
that I could not look into them long for fear of being pulled into a place from which return is impossible. He asked me where he could find the king and I immediately sensed trouble.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}