Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 1/6
Part Four, The Dead Tell Tales

Looking back I should have done any number of things, but instead, I asked him what business he had with the King.
10:17 AM - Oct 31, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 2/6
Well, he looked about to draw his sword and he came up very close to me, then he said in a low and menacing voice that he could do things for me, great things, he could make all my dreams come true.”
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 3/6
Bones stopped and rattled his hands about, making small hissing noises through his teeth. I very nearly got up and left at that point. I looked around and noticed how dark it had become the air growing cooler. I stood up to stretch my legs and bones made a sudden lunge for me.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 4/6
”I am not leaving,” I said, though that was not what was truly in my heart.“ Is there any way you can speed up your story, look, it grows dark and while that might not bother you, I wish to be home.” I sat down again and looked at Conrad, hoping he would make short his story.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 5/6
“I can,” he said.” But then you may not get the full meaning.” Bones let his head fall forward and I thought he had fallen asleep. Maybe I should just leave. Getting up once more I made to move off. Conrad jerked his head up and his voice was grave.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 6/6
“I shall leave you to go to your home, but I warn you, meet me here tomorrow morning. I have much to tell you.” He stared me in the eyes, or at least the dark holes where his eyes would have been did.

“Yes, I will return.” And with that, I left him sitting there on the log.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}