Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 1/10
Part Six, The Dead Tell Tales

“Link, well met. I had some doubt of your return, but here you are and we have all day to talk.” So saying he stepped to the log and sat down waiting for me to join him.
10:42 AM - Oct 31, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 2/10
I sat beside him and offered my greeting. “ Good morning Conrad, I hope you spent a … where did you spend the night?”
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 3/10
“I cannot leave this place Link, not until…well, that will be explained in the story, and I am not in need of rest as you are so I just spent the hours walking and thinking, time does not move in the same way for me as it does for you. Are you ready for me to continue my story?”
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 4/10
“Yes, that is why I came.” Conrad once again settled himself with his bony hands on his knobby knees and began his tale again as if no time had passed.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 5/10
“A thrill had shot through me at those words of his. I could use someone on my side, I had wanted to impress the princess and maybe this was my chance.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 6/10
I asked him what things could he do for me, and Ganondorf, for that I soon learned was his name, grinned a most wicked grin and told me that he would make me the general of his army, I would have riches and power beyond what I could dream of.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 7/10
This statement of his had me thinking quickly of all the things I could accomplish.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 8/10
I asked him what he wanted me to do, so strong was my desire to do anything that would show me as favourable in the princess`s eyes that I did not stop to think.” Conrad gave a slight shiver— if bones could shiver.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 9/10
“In a voice as cold as the grave Ganondorf said that I was to get the King to a vacant room, nothing more, just that.

It seemed little enough for all that this red-haired man had promised.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 10/10
I took the deal and turning away from this man I hurried up the stairs to locate the King and find a way to maneuver him to a vacant room.” Conrad paused in his story and sighed, it sounded like a thousand dead leaves rattling against a windowpane. “

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}