Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 1/9
Part Eight, The Dead Tell Tales

I do not know if I was more upset at being tricked or the fact that now I would never hear the end of Conrad’s tale.

Ganondorf did not move, he just stood there, his red eyes glaring into mine.
11:07 AM - Oct 31, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 2/9
Thoughts raced through my mind. I could try to run but I knew he would find me wherever I went. I did not stand, I waited, surely he would speak soon and tell me why he was here, what he wanted with me.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 3/9
"At long last, we meet,” Ganondorf spoke as though a thousand pebbles were grating against each other.

He was tall, so very tall and broad of shoulder. The flaming red hair almost sizzled with power.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 4/9
“I don’t know what you want with me, but I assure you I can do you no harm,” I spoke the words without realizing I had uttered a sound.

“I need you to die.” He growled. “I need to make sure you have no offspring to torment me further. I will finish what I started long ago.”
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 5/9
Words to chill the soul. I did not know how to respond so I stayed silent.

“Here and now you die, Link.” Ganondorf unsheathed a mighty sword with those words and took one step toward where I was sitting.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 6/9
I stood up and unsheathed my own sword, a very ancient sword that had been given to me by the old man of the village.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 7/9
Along with the sword, he had given me lessons, many years of lessons. I never knew where he had obtained the sword; he had only told me that one day I would be glad to have such a powerful and historic weapon.

Looking at this monster of a man I knew there was no chance of me beating him.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 8/9
Maybe I could reason with him, talk to him…no, from all that I had heard from Bones, most likely talking was not something that Ganondorf excelled at and besides, if he was intent on killing me then what use were words?
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 9/9
I very much wanted to know what happened to Bones and why Ganondorf wanted to kill me.

“Before we engage in battle, I have a few questions that I think you should answer.”

Ganondorf`s blazing eyes pierced mine. “Questions?” he spat “ The answers will do you no good, but ask on.”

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}