MEAction NOW
A
thread 1/2
💯
How often do we have to remind American women that, in Iran in the 70's, women there were just like us? They dressed normally, went to college, drove cars, had lives of their own. MUSLIM EXTREMISTS TOOK THAT ALL AWAY. Christian extremism will do the EXACT SAME THING.
12:37 AM - Nov 01, 2023
MEAction NOW
A
thread 2/2
Note: By 'dressed normally' I mean - the women dressed as THEY wished and were then told 'how to dress' by their religious extremist leaders.
01:55 PM - Nov 01, 2023
Florida Redhead
A
In response to MEAction NOW.
These guys think there is a WELFARE and HOMELESS problem now wait until everyone has 10 kids and only the guy works! That's why women should run the world. We can see past the end of our nose.
05:39 PM - Mar 10, 2024
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
I get and agree with the points you're making but please be careful about how your describe "normal" clothing. There are many places in the world where Western attire is not the norm.
09:30 AM - Nov 01, 2023
MEAction NOW
A
In response to Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée).
Thx. I totally understand and agree.
I actually appreciate clothing styles from other countries and am happy so many still maintain their dressing styles. Iranian women dressed as they wished - then were told they need to dress a certain way.
I need to find better words to describe.
01:41 PM - Nov 01, 2023
LaJuan Woodland
A
For as many times as it takes to get through to all of us.
05:52 AM - Nov 01, 2023
Nora Nanza
A
You're 100% correct!

Chris Hedges tried to warn us in 2007 with his book “American Fascists: The Christian Right and the War on America”.

https://www.democracynow.o...
05:04 AM - Nov 01, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
Related, for general consideration:
02:25 AM - Nov 01, 2023
MEAction NOW
A
In response to Trauma Epidemic.
Honestly, to us women the idea of losing our rights, and then losing some rights our mothers have had is absolutely terrifying.

It's history trying to repeat itself - it's not fear mongering... We are actually afraid.
We've seen it happen - Iran is a fine example.

Extremism IS scary.
02:24 PM - Nov 01, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
*would do

… if we let it. Which we won't.

#WordsMatter
#EveryLittleBitHelps
02:23 AM - Nov 01, 2023
MEAction NOW
A
In response to Trauma Epidemic.
Yes, sure hope we won't any further - losing roe has been a gut-punch.

We (non extremists) need to win both houses and the Whitehouse or it's going to be game over for our freedoms and we will no longer be a functioning democracy.
02:26 PM - Nov 01, 2023
J RoslynViews
A
I’m 1979, I met a female Iranian physician who was ecstatic over the downfall of the Shah. I have often wondered how she handled the loss of her rights under the “new” regime.
01:03 AM - Nov 01, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to J RoslynViews.
Not seeing the likelihood of 'from bad to worse' seems surprisingly common. But then, #TraumaEpidemic / #TraumaPandemic .
03:11 PM - Nov 01, 2023
Dee Incognito
A
Fundamentalist religions are toxic for women.
12:59 AM - Nov 01, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
Racism/Americentrism. Many Americans doubtless assume, consciously or unconsciously, that Muslims were just always more backward, and that what happened there could never happen here.
12:46 AM - Nov 01, 2023
Dıanna
A
It is amazing (and tragic) how quickly we forget.
We forget at our peril.
12:41 AM - Nov 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}