Mc Crispy
A
thread 1/4
I see the "allies" are at it again. 🤦‍♂️😑

My fellow white people you need to stop trying to explain and excuse everything you see. If you are not LGBTQIA, you have NO right to tell us what is or isn't offensive.

I know the urge is STRONG, but you need to break the abuser cycle.
12:53 PM - Nov 01, 2023
Mc Crispy
A
thread 2/4
Cause what you're doing every time you do this to any BBIMP, is abuse, plain and simple.

You haven't lived our lives. You're on the periphery. You haven't seen how a "harmless, though off-color" meme directly leads to violence against us.

You get to leave every "uncomfortable" situation,
Mc Crispy
A
thread 3/4
congratulating yourself on avoiding any inconvenience.

We don't.

People go out of their way to bring abuse and harm to us.

When WE say something is offensive and harmful, we are speaking from our lived experiences. We've seen it happen over and over and over and over.
Mc Crispy
A
thread 4/4
Until you have the full experience of having your government debating whether or not you should be ALLOWED to exist, you need to shut the hell up.
Yvette
A
In response to Mc Crispy.
Every human being deserves to be treated with dignity & respect regardless of race, religion, nationality or sexual orientation. ☮️💙🙋‍♀️
05:34 PM - Nov 01, 2023
Tracy I
A
In response to Mc Crispy.
Having your fellow citizens vote on whether you should have civil rights, and then vote against you, and having to wait on the courts to see if maybe they’ll support you , is a fun one that many marginalized groups have experienced a version of as well.
01:56 PM - Nov 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}