Mark Wilson, MD
A
thread 1/6
So I finished a session with a person who sufferred immeasurable trauma in their childhood, who suffers from cPTSD, DID, and OCD, all morphed into one, complex, disabling disorder. Sometimes progress is like the reverse of multi-infarct dementia (where there is a staircase-like decline where
01:00 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Mark Wilson, MD
A
thread 2/6
an infarct is 1 step down --> stable --> next infact and 1 step down)--today was a step up. In the midst of describing 2 events that 2 the pt felt like they were doomed 2 being stuck in the world of their trauma, I heard a personality that was rising above the cacophony of other personalities,
Mark Wilson, MD
A
thread 3/6
trying 2 secure shelter/food, the very bottom/base of Maslow's heirarchy of needs. The pt felt the personality was sabotaging them, consigning them to this Hell of of trauma-world. I heard it differently--I heard the voice as being assertive, direct, cutting to the chase, reacting to, in the
Mark Wilson, MD
A
thread 4/6
non-trauma world, real difficult people and stresses and complex problems, and, in trauma world, multiple personalities shouting their anxieties--including ones saying the assertive personality was setting them up for attack/intrusion. The voice rose up from the maelstrom of the inner world
Mark Wilson, MD
A
thread 5/6
colliding with the complexity of complex people and problems. I wanted so badly to speak directly to this personality but had to settle with speaking to the holder of the personalities--each one is striving for safety and security and one, at least yesterday and today, had to bridge the parellel
Mark Wilson, MD
A
thread 6/6
universes to assure shelter and security. It was a rousing success. And a moving one.

This career is a transformative one. Slow and arduous, for sure, but transformative.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}