Goose
A
I think younger folks often undervalue experience. I see this with younger lawyers all the time—they miss obvious issues, not because they aren’t smart or well trained, but because they don’t know what they don’t know, which makes them overconfident that what they do know is the whole picture.
Sean Miller @sean1966
What I don't like is that elderly leaders won't have to live in the world they are creating for long.

My suggestion is to set an age limit for candidacy. Just like you can't run for president until you turn 35, disqualify anyone that will turn 72 during the term for which they are running.
11:18 AM - Nov 03, 2023
01:04 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Blair Houghton
A
In response to Goose.
Younger lawyers went through law school and have no excuse (or their law school has no excuse).

People in general just keep discovering new worlds around every corner, and not getting that that will happen forever.
01:26 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Goose
A
In response to Blair Houghton.
I may be misunderstanding what you mean by the first part, but law school can’t realistically give students everything they need to practice law effectively, particularly in a specialized field. And, oddly, the best law schools tend to give their students the least grounding in practical skills.
01:52 PM - Nov 03, 2023
#Glassbydeanna
A
In response to Goose.
So true. When wisdom and youth respect each others strengths we have a combination that benefits all. Youth keep things moving forward with new ideas. Wisdom helps save time by imparting their experience as a heads up to consequences of some ideas that can go awry
01:08 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Doctor Michael
A
In response to Goose.
A sign of maturity is understanding there is much left to learn.
01:05 PM - Nov 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}