lg lokki
A
thread 1/5
I’m tired and scared and right now, I don’t have it in me to bring you a positive message or learning opportunity. My actual life depends on the outcome of this election. So I’m just gonna go with truth and hopefully you can hear me. Here’s some truth….
03:33 AM - Nov 07, 2023
lg lokki
A
thread 2/5
White people, you need to be scared because the rest of us are scared to death. You know what happens when you’re not scared enough? You become frozen and complacent, nothing gets done and the rest of us have to suffer the consequences of that complacency.
lg lokki
A
thread 3/5
Use that fear as fuel and get up, get out, get energized, get people mobilized, get people registered, and get people voting!
White people are always saying
“vote like a Black woman.”
As a Black woman I am tired AF of carrying your goddamn water.
lg lokki
A
thread 4/5
I am tired of running to the rescue and saving white folks, especially white women who vote against their own best interest. I’m goddamn tired of it.
Stop hand wringing and get to work. No, you don’t get to put down that water, nobody gets to rest until this election is won and done.
lg lokki
A
thread 5/5
Use this piece of Black wisdom if you need…
“ Stay ready so you don’t have to get ready.”
PS…
White Americans are 75.5% of the population.
Black Americans are 13.6%.
We are tired and cannot do this alone.
Giant Lesbo
A
In response to lg lokki.
Thank you for your great thread. I am so sick of being scared to death and seeing so many people indifferent to how their apathy effects others. White people need to wake up and realize at some point they will be in danger too. Or at least start giving a damn about something besides their 401K.
08:48 AM - Nov 07, 2023
NorthCoast TerryMaryJoan
A
In response to lg lokki.
🕯thank you, hearing you,
07:45 AM - Nov 07, 2023 (Edited)
Jennifer Moore Baker
A
In response to lg lokki.
As a WW it is frustrating to me to watch my demographic vote against their interests. I am trying to educate and there are glimmers of hope in the younger generation, but this has been ongoing for over 100 years and they still don’t learn.
07:19 AM - Nov 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}