Timara (she/her)
A
thread 1/7
Can you remember the exact moment you decided to change your life? The moment when you realized the path you were going down no longer served you and you decided to try a new path? The moment you said "fuck this" and decided to try something new?
06:14 PM - Nov 07, 2023
Timara (she/her)
A
thread 2/7
Sometimes we think that the choice to shift to something scary and new has to be monumental. Like we're Rocky and have reached the top of the steps.

But the reality is that the shift happens at the bottom, at the very first step.
Timara (she/her)
A
thread 3/7
When I think about the trajectory I'm on - the highs and lows - it always starts back to the time I tried yoga.

I was severely depressed (although I didn't realize it at the time) and needed something to help get me out of what I thought was just a funk.
Timara (she/her)
A
thread 4/7
And, although it didn't happen all at once, it was like the lights slowly turned on. I didn't even realize I had been living in the dark.

And that one simple act shifted my very axis. The dominoes started falling and I kept following them.
Timara (she/her)
A
thread 5/7
Yoga ➡️ Pescatarian ➡️ Flexitarian ➡️ Mindful eating ➡️ Therapy ➡️ Separation ➡️ Leaving a company after 15 years ➡️ Living alone ➡️ Kittens ➡️ Divorce ➡️ Pole ➡️ Pansexual ➡️ Omnisexual ➡️ Finding my voice...

And so much more.
Timara (she/her)
A
thread 6/7
It's been one wild ass ride, but I'd do it over and over again. Without a second thought.

And I know I'm nowhere near the end. I'm not even sure I'm in the middle.

And as scary as it is, I trust that I'll either learn a valuable lesson or become the person I was destined to become.
Timara (she/her)
A
thread 7/7
So what seemingly minute action shifted your life in a completely new and different direction?

Maybe you can't think of one because you don't have one. Today's a great day to try something different.

Only followers of this user (knitquiltsewst1) can see their posts

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}