Cynthia Williams
A
I think Americans need to be extremely aware from this pt forward that MAGA's dark 💰 donors will pivot away from Trumpism as a 2024 platform to something more palatable for voters.

Nikki Haley is the logical pivot as lead GOP candidate for the presidential run.

It's how she became SC Governor.
07:27 AM - Nov 08, 2023
Ground Control
A
In response to Cynthia Williams.
Oh, that was ALWAYS where said donors were going, as far as away from Trump. But I doubt it'll be Haley for two reasons:

1) She's a known quantity who tied herself way too close to Trump. Donors will want a dark horse.

2) MAGA still is in the primaries driver's seat. And they don't love her.
08:16 AM - Nov 08, 2023
Richard
A
I would never underestimate her that's for sure. She is shrewd. I was wondering tho-when all is said and done-would the base vote for her? I bet Cameron was thinking the same thing but at the end of the day they would never?
08:11 AM - Nov 08, 2023
BTSdaily7 (sporadic;)
A
As will corporate media. What little coverage they gave to all the extreme things Republicans say & do, they will reframe even more or completely ignore while amplifying even more the tiniest thing Dems do that might make people hesitate on Dems. They did it with Kemp/Abrams here in GA and it worked
07:40 AM - Nov 08, 2023
Ray King
A
Even if they did that, the hardcore MAGAts will never accept anything close to being moderate. That's why Youngkin was trying so hard to win last night so he could swoop in and be their candidate. But you make a good point and we should be ready for anything they attempt.
07:37 AM - Nov 08, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Ray King.
This is the essential trap of the Republican Party, one which is entirely of their own making.

They either remain shackled to the orange mob boss, or they cut him loose and a significant percentage of his base stays home (or worse, for them, he files for an independent/third party run).
08:03 AM - Nov 08, 2023
Linda Roderick
A
In response to Ray King.
Virginia gave Youngkin a rude awakening, we need to keep up the fight and not let our guard down.
08:07 AM - Nov 08, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
I once worked on a state committee as an appointee of Nikki Haley's.

Please don't underestimate her. We'll all regret it
07:31 AM - Nov 08, 2023
LaJuan Woodland
A
I agree! Don't UNDERESTIMATE any of them. We who love our American Constitution must not REST ON OUR LAURELS. We need to keep organizing, keep getting our people to the polls, keep fighting these voter suppression laws. 2024 is TOO important.
07:50 AM - Nov 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}