Kathleen Kern
A
I am a pacifist. I think violence only begets more violence. I don't support the 10/7 Hamas attacks on Israeli civilians. But why does NO ONE in the western political/media establishment EVER talk about the Palestinian right to self-defense? #GazaGenocide
03:46 PM - Nov 08, 2023
Sabine
A
In response to Kathleen Kern.
IMO Hamas is not about self defense but craving a permanent state of war, in which Palestinians are victims, too, as Hamas uses them as human shields.
What Palestinians - not Hamas - deserve is a political perspective. But this seems overly optimistic ATM
03:53 PM - Nov 08, 2023
Kathleen Kern
A
In response to Sabine.
Okay, so I worked with and lived among Palestinians for 20 years. When Israeli settlers and soldiers attack Palestinian men, women and children, how SHOULD they defend themselves? (I mean, if they do, they are beaten, tortured and thrown in prison) Where is their right to self-defense?
03:57 PM - Nov 08, 2023
Sabine
A
In response to Kathleen Kern.
I assumed you referred to a different situation (Gaza) .

I don´t think that self defence - in a situation where Israel always can come back with more - can be efficient except maybe for a few single efforts.

But I reiterate: They deserve a political perspective.
04:07 PM - Nov 08, 2023
Kathleen Kern
A
It's true for Gaza, too, with no potable water and 50% unemployment because of the Israeli siege. The fact that literally NO ONE talks about Palestinians' right to security and self defense is a racist double standard.
In response to Sabine.
12:36 PM - Nov 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}