David Schwartz
A
thread 1/3
Today, pro-Palestinian groups organized a walkout in NYC schools to protest against Israel. Where I live, in a neighborhood that is 99% Jewish, they felt it was necessary to march.
11:10 PM - Nov 09, 2023
David Schwartz
A
thread 2/3
At first, it was "only" chants, "From the river to the sea," but then turned into an angry mob, trying to provoke those passing by. Some locked their doors and windows out of fear.
David Schwartz
A
thread 3/3
Watching how the "protesters" behave and after what happened this week in LA, I never believed I would ever say this, but

On the day that marks 85 years since Kristallnacht, I realized that I don't feel safe in NY anymore.
April ZinniaHouse
A
In response to David Schwartz.
We REALLY need to teach kids how to spot propaganda before they get to high school.
12:58 PM - Nov 10, 2023
Sarah Apfel
A
I've been trying to think of words to say other than "I'm so sorry" - something about us both being Jewish New Yorkers, perhaps - but everything sounds hollow. As a secular Jew I'm not a target. Yet. But I know the fear & danger are real for you RIGHT NOW & words fail. And I'm so sorry.
09:50 AM - Nov 10, 2023
QueensLan
A
They don't even know why they're marching. They don't know history or issue at hand. They don't know where all members of the community stand on Palestine being a state. But it's easy to whip young minds to hate. We need a national conversation in America devoid of spec interest.
03:09 AM - Nov 10, 2023
Veronica
A
In response to QueensLan.
Saw an interview today of young British Pro-P protestors being asked what they thought of the Hamas massacre on 10/7. They hadn’t “heard about it.” “i don’t think that happened.” They seemed genuinely perplexed. 😞
04:07 AM - Nov 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}