Dee Incognito
A
thread 1/2
Sometimes it's hard for those of us in blue states not to get irate over what the congress people from red states do. At times like that I remind myself that my 2.3 million people in my blue state voted for Biden. 5.3 million Texans voted for Biden. There are many more democrats in Texas than MA.
LH Grant @LHGrant
It's a trap that many of us have previously fallen for in various ways- it all comes down to learning to STOP punishing and criticizing the PEOPLE in us red states, 70% or so of whom are "us" and as decent and deserving as anyone in a blue state. We are working hard to fix a couple of hundred years.
12:25 PM - Nov 10, 2023
12:45 PM - Nov 10, 2023
Dee Incognito
A
thread 2/2
I kind of think of our liberal, progressive, center-left friends in these states as being held hostage by extremists. I don't know how to help free them, but I can't give up on them, and it's certainly unfair to blame them.
12:52 PM - Nov 10, 2023
Randilyn
A
w/o MAGA nonsense in South Florida. So they're stuck working there and because this is home, I'm stuck living here. But I show up to vote, donate generously, and I keep talking to people.
In response to Randilyn.
01:09 PM - Nov 10, 2023
Dee Incognito
A
In response to Randilyn.
Florida wasn't like this when I was a kid. To my mind the oppressive tone of Florida and Texas is relatively new. And depressing as hell. But what can we do but just keep fighting? I'll donate from up here to democrats as much as I can, and we all just keep trying to get through to people.
01:33 PM - Nov 10, 2023
Randilyn
A
In response to Dee Incognito.
It really was different, even before Obama’s wins. There was the GOP/Jeb fuckery of 2000 but everyday life did not feel so political and
perilous. I am glad we have your support. It helps!
01:36 PM - Nov 10, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}