Timara (she/her)
A
thread 1/7
This Keke Palmer situation is triggering.

Nothing is more dangerous than someone who secretly hates you. They will covertly entangle themselves in your life and then systemically work to decrease your sense of self. Until you have none left.
06:10 PM - Nov 10, 2023
Timara (she/her)
A
thread 2/7
I've seent it. I've lived it. I've survived it.

Contrary to popular opinion, it isn't that easy to walk away. Sometimes it takes multiple attempts. Most times you have limited options because you have no resources, and that's by design.
06:10 PM - Nov 10, 2023 (Edited)
Timara (she/her)
A
thread 3/7
I think this is also why we see an increase in Black women choosing singleness. It isn't random that Psychology Today did a piece on men's loneliness last year. And it isn't random that violence towards women is on the rise.
Timara (she/her)
A
thread 4/7
A man I follow on TikTok answered another man's question so succinctly about what women mean when we say "do the work" and why women don't share the answer with men.

We're tired of the emotional labor. We're tired of doing the work for ourselves and men. That onus shouldn't be ours.
Timara (she/her)
A
thread 5/7
And whether we do or not, we're still to blame. Patriarchy and misognoir is one helluva drug. And we're tired of having to prop up others who simply refuse to decolonize their mind because they think it doesn't benefit them.
Timara (she/her)
A
thread 6/7
So Keke's situation is bringing up a lot of feelings and unpleasant emotions. And I know I'm probably not the only one feeling them.
Timara (she/her)
A
thread 7/7
If you're a victim of DV and need help please reach out to the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 800-799-7233 or text START to 88788.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}