Jodi B
A
Big names would get plenty of attention because of who they are. If they come here & post, they will be followed, echoed & seen. You can't compare the level of engagement that "unknown" people are getting to what a big name would get. Besides, Spoutible is only 9 months old. Twitter is 17 yrs old!
TheSean @TheSean
This is my issue with Spoutible. There is near zero incentive for big names to come here. People will NEVER echo enough to make it worth it.
04:45 PM - Nov 11, 2023
10:38 PM - Nov 11, 2023
TheSean
A
In response to Jodi B.
I am def not referring to the small accounts. There are some big accounts here and you can clearly see the lack of echos. This is a known issue with Spoutible. People come here and follow their behaviora from other social media sites. Not sure they can be convinced to change their ways.
10:43 PM - Nov 11, 2023
Jodi B
A
In response to TheSean.
I'm not sure what that means. Are you saying that people need to change their ways and echo more? As long as big accounts keep adding followers, does the number of echoes really matter? The whole point is to be seen. If they're adding followers, then they are definitely being seen.
11:07 PM - Nov 11, 2023
TheSean
A
Spoutible does not work like other social media sites though. You can have tons of followers and I will never see your Spouts on my timeline unless someone I follow happens to Echo one. I might see your Spout in Explore but as more and more people join Spoutible, that becomes less likely.
In response to Jodi B.
08:24 AM - Nov 12, 2023
Jodi B
A
In response to TheSean.
Now I understand. Thanks for explaining. 😊 If Spoutible became algorithm-based, big accounts would be seen, but the rest would be invisible, just like Twitter. No one wants that. Maybe the "best of both worlds" would be if the app opened in Explore tab, but I don't think that's a popular idea. 😁
09:27 AM - Nov 12, 2023
TheSean
A
In response to Jodi B.
I am not sure what the fix is for the best balance but Spoutible seems to have the best features so far, they just need to figure out how to make it all come together for the best experience.
09:59 AM - Nov 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}