Becky Cline
A
thread 1/6
For once in many years, I am dreading work tomorrow. Union repping for a staff who had been suffering under a toxic work environment, we found that their supervisor had gotten right up on top of them when scolding them, engaged in some theft, had submitted false incident reports to the library and
11:49 AM - Nov 12, 2023
Becky Cline
A
thread 2/6
HR directors, abused time off and was not doing her job.

Instead of giving a sweet retirement package, they decided to put her in our Youth Services department where I roost. This is the 2nd time she has been forcefully moved in the last 13 years. The last time she worked in youth, she said she did
Becky Cline
A
thread 3/6
Not wish to work with kids and was only using the department as a stepping stone to get hired elsewhere in the library. She was allowed to just get paid.

Then allowed to just get paid through her next 2 promotions.

When I heard what was happening, I almost took off of work for a few days to
Becky Cline
A
thread 4/6
Figure out what I need to do for my health. I have a crappy doctor and I already know that I do not do anxiety meds well. They mess with my sleep and I need sleep to not stress out. Making sure my diet is solid, exercise. Considering taking a demotion just to move to another department. But also
Becky Cline
A
thread 5/6
Looking into finding a different job completely. That makes me the saddest.

With a current staff of 3, I have 5 weekly programs, 4 monthly programs, 1 bi monthly program, a specialty program every 2 months. Monthly outreach with the local public schools. And now that we are heading into the
Becky Cline
A
thread 6/6
Holidays, outreach with businesses and Winter Reading Challenge.
With one of my people being promoted to another department and this other person being shoved to our desk. I pretty much have 2 people for all of that.

That won't work out.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}