JC_🇺🇸
A
California Schools Will Require Students to Learn to ID Fake News, Misinformation

Gov. Gavin Newsom last month signed Assembly Bill 873, which requires the state to add media literacy to [existing] curriculum frameworks, rolling out gradually beginning next year.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
06:32 PM - Nov 13, 2023
Just a scifi nerd
A
In response to JC_🇺🇸.
I used teach about harmful effects of dyhydrogen monoxide. Lots of info about how harmful it can be & why it should be banned. It was early in the course, before any might realize the name represents the chemical formal H2O (aka water). It helped to see how easy it can be to misrepresent data.
01:34 PM - Feb 23, 2024
Democracy!Equality! Equity!Compassion!
A
In response to JC_🇺🇸.
This is why all the RWNJs and evangelicals want to home school their kids or have them in parochial schools. They don’t want public schools to teach their kids to be open minded and woke.
03:45 PM - Nov 14, 2023
Kevin Rooney
A
In response to JC_🇺🇸.
I think this is a good thing but really the target audience should be anyone who wants to collect Social Security... and/or watches any of the right wing media!
03:02 PM - Nov 14, 2023
JC_🇺🇸
A
In response to Kevin Rooney.
What does Social Security have to do with it?

Now if you'd said it should be a required course to register to VOTE... yeah, I'd agree to THAT.
04:50 PM - Nov 14, 2023
Kevin Rooney
A
In response to Kevin Rooney.
My meaning was that too many older people (criticizing my own generation) fall prey to what CA is proposing to teach to young people.

Sorry for trying to be subtle.
09:23 PM - Nov 14, 2023
Bren
A
In response to JC_🇺🇸.
Wonderful. Here's a guy doing the work adding realty based learning. Something that teaches. He isn't taking away but adding to. What a concept! Bravo
05:57 AM - Nov 14, 2023
MEAction NOW
A
In response to JC_🇺🇸.
This is absolutely necessary in this day and age!!
07:10 PM - Nov 13, 2023
Pete Sapardi
A
In response to JC_🇺🇸.
Wait... are we sure that this is a real news story?
07:08 PM - Nov 13, 2023
Civil Canuck
A
In response to JC_🇺🇸.
Awesome! All kids need this, at school, everywhere, including Canada. So many are stuck listening to parents who don't know better. Next, do advertising literacy.
07:01 PM - Nov 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}