Anton Brakhage
A
thread 1/2
If Republicans win, they will strip rights from women and LGBTQIA2S+ people and immigrants and ultimately everyone, nation-wide. They will not only fail to address the climate crisis and gun violence, but gleefully exacerbate them. And you won't ever get the chance to vote again.
11:50 PM - Nov 13, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
thread 2/2
Don't think it can't happen because we made it through one Trump presidency. Because a lot of people DIDN'T (Covid negligence alone), and even if you did, that's like thinking Russian roulette is safe because you didn't blow your brains out the first time.
#VoteBlueForDemocracy #VoteBlueToLive
11:50 PM - Nov 13, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
I'm worried that people are getting sick of hearing "this is the most important election in national history, but, the thing is, since Trump and his crooked fascist duckface came on the political scene, every election HAS BEEN the most important in history. We must stop the fascists now or never
In response to Anton Brakhage.
11:56 PM - Nov 13, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Matt Egan he/him/his.
1/2
I also worry there's a danger people will grow tired of dealing with this. That they'll think "If last election didn't fix it, why should I bother voting again?" That, much like Covid, our society will just collectively decide that we're tired of dealing with the problem so the problem is over.
11:59 PM - Nov 13, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
2/2
But of course the world doesn't work like that. Deadly threats don't become less deadly because you ignore them.

Imagine if the world had decided in 1943 that they were tired of dealing with Hitler, so they'd just pretend the Nazis weren't there and go back to "normal".
12:00 AM - Nov 14, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
That's the biggest challenge we're going to face going into 2024. Disseminating Project 2025 might light a fire under some asses who might sit it out otherwise. The get out the vote effort is going to be beyond anything we've ever done before. Every same person needs to step the hell up!!
12:03 AM - Nov 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}