Dave Plus Coffee (he/him)
A
This is why, when I quoted Douglas Adams recently ("Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so") I edited my quote spout to clearly identify it as a quote, and added attribution, because I realized (belatedly) I couldn't take it for granted that it would be obvious to everyone what I was quoting
Read aBannedBook @RetiredLibrarian
02:35 PM - Nov 14, 2023
03:29 PM - Nov 14, 2023
Whoa!
A
In response to Dave Plus Coffee (he/him).
We need more than 300 characters then.
03:30 PM - Nov 14, 2023
Rae Lyn Fox
A
In response to Whoa!.
Get creative! Attach an image that contains the words “Quote Attribution” and put the attribution in the alt text, which has a higher character limit. 🙂
04:33 PM - Nov 14, 2023
Whoa!
A
In response to Rae Lyn Fox.
You can't attach an image and a video in the same spout.
04:40 PM - Nov 14, 2023
Rae Lyn Fox
A
In response to Whoa!.
If you’re linking to a video, and the link takes viewers to the original source, the there’s no need to add attribution.

If you’re uploading a video, then presumably it’s one you created, and any attribution of sources used in the video can and should be included in end credits.
05:11 PM - Nov 14, 2023
Whoa!
A
I get that. Last week I did a Blues show. It will be ongoing. I gave some history of the blues along with it. Because of the format we follow at the Classics account, nobody is going to read a bunch of threads especially in one night from our account.
05:19 PM - Nov 14, 2023
Rae Lyn Fox
A
If your show is threaded, maybe you could put the "Sources used for this program" image in your introductory spout, and list the sources in the alt text there, and then you wouldn't need to list them in each spout. If your show isn't threaded, consider making it so.
In response to Whoa!.
05:57 PM - Nov 14, 2023
Whoa!
A
The show is not threaded. That's my point. It's done like a radio show. One spout at a time because that's how we get the most coverage.
06:02 PM - Nov 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}