Anton Brakhage
A
thread 1/6
Tumblr seems overrun with the "Biden committing genocide in Gaza" narrative. I bet it's the same on Xitter. And not factual criticisms, but outright conspiratorial bullshit, like claiming that because Israel is a "client state" of the US, Biden could simply call Netanyahu up and tell him to stop.
12:36 AM - Nov 15, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
thread 2/6
As though Biden is actually Dictator of Israel. And while these posts typically present as progressive anti-Imperialism, the comments underneath are crawling with the usual MAGA anti-Biden talking points: mocking his age, "Biden Crime Family" (ie Hunter Biden conspiracy shit), etc.
Anton Brakhage
A
thread 3/6
Saw one account outright claiming to be Leftist yet supporting Republicans.

It's the same shit as 2016, when the Kremlin and its Useful Idiots heavily emphasized Clinton as an imperialist warmonger. I remember so-called Leftists preferring Trump because they claimed Hillary would start WWIII.
Anton Brakhage
A
thread 4/6
Mark my words: There is an aggressive campaign by MAGA and the Kremlin on social media right now to use the War in Gaza to recruit progressives and GenZ, and convince them of the bizarre perversion that a literal white supremacist fascist movement is somehow the anti-racist, anti-colonialist choice
Anton Brakhage
A
thread 6/6
I will add: Putin has ties to both Iran and Hamas, and likely was aware of, helped arm, and possibly directly encouraged the Hamas attack the sparked the current war. And likely did so in part for this exact purpose.
#AllRoadsLeadToPutin #PutinMustFall #SlavaUkrainii
12:40 AM - Nov 15, 2023
RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
That's the reason why I'm on here. Even Reddit has that problem of making mountils of molehills. There's a reason why I quit going there. even r/news is a toxic waste dump.
In response to Anton Brakhage.
01:03 AM - Nov 15, 2023
IMO
A
In response to RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his).
I consider Spoutible where thinking people go to remove the static.
01:14 AM - Nov 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}